Friday, November 24, 2006

Flashback to Vietiane Round II

The bus back to Vietiane was rather nice, because we each got two seats to ourselves. I hadn't been able to stretch out on a bus in a long time. The bus ride was long, but seemed to pass quickly due to the beautiful scenery.

At Vietiane, I was reunited with my bag of clothing, which I stashed in a guesthouse during my first visit to the city. I also realized just how much stuff I had acquired. It was a bit daunting to plan how to carry it all. I needed about five extra arms.

I stayed in Vietiane one night, making it the shortest stop of the trip. It was mostly functional, as Vietiane was where Jon and I split up. I was headed back to Bangkok to catch a return flight to Houston, and Jon was traveling to Southern Laos to continue the last month of his vacation.

Our last day together was still lots of fun. We stopped by the Laos National Monument, which was utterly beautiful, and got loads of great photographs.

I was a bit anxious the whole day, because I wasn't quite ready to say bye to Jon. (I know, one would think after spending all-day, every-day with him for four months, I would be ready for some alone time. Yeah, not so much.)

My bus came, altogether too soon, and I was on my way to Bangkok.

No comments: