I booked my trip to Africa!!! I decided to do another trip with the Overland Club. (Totally addicted to the overland truck lifestyle now.) However, I cannot really recommend the company as the experience is totally contingent upon the driver. If the driver of this tour is half as good as Adam was, I'm in good shape.
I would have liked to travel from Cairo to Cape Town; however, Sudan is too dodgy at the moment to travel though. Therefore, I am flying to Nairobi and traveling from there to Cape Town, and I'm hella hyped about it. I would be even more hyped if I had enough pages in my passport to guarantee my ability to transit through all of those countries. I only have two blank pages left in my passport (thanks in part to the jackasses in Greece and Jordan who decided to stamp all over multiple pages) so I must get new ones glued in while I am in Cairo. I have about a four hour window to do this, and I'm really sweating over it.
Okay, so I'm feeling pretty homesick today. It's been far too long since I've conversed with the parental units, and I wasn't able to talk to my brother for very long last night. :( Though I'm missing the friends and the family, I am getting better at controlling the mad cravings for Mexican food. That is good news. Now I just need to get my crazy lust for shoes under control. After wearing the same freaking pair of sandals for four and a half months, I can go into a cold sweat just thinking about a nice pair of strappy black heels. Gah! My mind is starting to wander and visions of footwear are dancing though my head. Somebody stop me!
Sunday, October 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment