Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Things I would do if...

Things I would do if time and money were irrelevant:

  • Go back to school and get a degree in everything from Anthropology to Zoology. Starting with Mechanical Engineering.
  • Move to Bali where I would make kites. I would then fly said kites out on the beach. Or maybe I'd learn to make/fly boomerangs. Even with infinite time I foresee flying boomerangs as being somewhat problematic for me.
  • Take a road trip across the United States, from San Francisco to Miami. The chosen form of transport? A rolling desk chair.
  • Get my certification in sky-diving.
  • Get over the cringe factor and get a M.D. Then I'd put it to use somewhere in Africa.
  • Build my own house, though I wouldn't design it. I'd just rip off Frank Lloyd Wright. :)
  • Be a foster parent. (I just finished White Oleander yesterday, and I am sure the novel is somewhat linked to this desire.)
  • Learn how to frost a cake with the whole frosting kit thing. I don't know if I have the patience for this one though. I'd probably just end up eating all the frosting.
  • Beat Final Fantasy 7. I never did get around to it. Shame on me.
  • Keep a pet camel in my backyard. Camels rock.
  • Keep a garden in my backyard as well. As long as I could keep my camel out of the garden. They tend to like to nibble on most things--except for peppers. Camels are not big fans of the bell pepper. They spit them out and make a big mess.
  • Open a shelter for GLBT kids.
  • Knit a scarf for everyone I know. Even if they don't live in a cold climate, or even if they don't wear scarves. Hey, it's the thought that counts.
  • Spend a thousand years on a beach, where I'd sip banana milkshakes and write.
  • Determine what kind of fabric softener makes you clothes the softest.
  • Learn how to paint or draw or something.
  • Drive a race car. Really really fast.
  • Get a scuba diving certification, even though scuba diving skeeves me out.
  • Stop biting my nails. Once and for all.
  • Play tennis--enough to be pretty good at it.
  • Be a human rights lawyer.
  • Invent a new ice cream flavor and name it after my dog. Now that I've just typed that, it seems incredibly unappetizing. Definitely would not want to eat ice cream that reminded me faintly of a dog.

So what would you do?

2 comments:

Jon and Monique said...

I realized this list was kind of silly because some of the things I listed are very feasible. Maybe not at this immediate moment in my life, but someday in the future. Perhaps.

Anonymous said...

great idea...

here's mine:
Go to seminary
Take a surf vacation that lasted about 2 months and just sleep in some dirty shack and say dude a lot.
-Make another record that incorporates more of my own voice but also my friends' voices as well
-Work as a bricklayer
-Buy a Harley and drive across the U.S.
-Complete the list of 25 top things to do before I die which was compiled on May of this year.
-Try to be a hand of Love to the forgotten...that would be job actually-I think I would go nuts if I had no job for more than 6 months....i don't know exactly what that would look like though.
-Buy a car and put hydros on it!!!!

ok that's good for now. back to real life ;)