Thursday, December 29, 2005

If my life were a casserole..

Last night I dreamt of a man. My future husband to be exact...or so he told me. He was tall with sandy brown hair and grayish eyes fringed with long lashes. His words were clipped and didactic, and his voice brimmed with self-confidence. I disliked him immensely.
An altogether strange dream..let's hope if I decide to marry, I choose somebody far more likeable than this product of my subconscious.

I went cycling today at 24 hour fitness, and I had the misfortune to forget my headphones. Therefore, I had no choice but to amuse myself with Fox News. It is my opinion that Fox News is the most detrimental program on air. It is not partial, nor does it make any attempt to be partial--a basic requirement of any program purporting to be news. The last time I watched it was during the fall of Baghdad. A field correspondent had said, "I bet those liberals that didn't want to go to war are feeling pretty stupid right now." (I didn't.) Yeah, CNN may be considered liberal, but it's nothing compared to international news...that will really set your rocking chair on fire.

Needless to say, I quickly tired of Fox and subsequently became engrossed in my fellow gym-goers. There was an older man, dappled with tattoos, working on his biceps. His skin had sagged under the weight of his years, causing the ink on his arms to jump and quiver with each movement. I found it altogether fascinating.

I'm currently listening to my new copy of the Grey album, courtesy of my friend Krisa. It pretty much rocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in other dreams...I dreamed that the Bears beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl,so place your bets!