That's right folks, the long-awaited moment has arrived! I have a job! For the next few weeks I will be a contributing member of society! Let us all rejoice!
So yeah, I'm assisting the patriarch of my family (my dad) at his shop. At the moment I'm prepping a motor grader to be painted and helping him fix a transmission for a backhoe. I'm sure if I thought about it enough I could make up some kind of fancy name for what I'm doing, such as Apprentice Heavy Equipment Mechanic. I enjoy mechanic work for several reasons: it's not boring, it's straightforward, it's educational, and it's okay if you get a little dirty.
This morning my mom made some Monkey Bread, and naturally I proceeded to overconsume it. This afternoon I finished off two books. This evening I ran on the treadmill for a grand total of three minutes...baby steps...baby steps.
Yesterday my parents purchased National Geographic Visual History of the World for me. It is a very informative but rather hefty book, checking in at seven pounds. Those picture books weigh a lot. I thumbed through the pictures, showing my mom the places I've been and the artifacts I've seen. She's a very patient woman.
I think Oodle the Poodle is suffering from dementia. He barks every ten minutes or so, wanting to be let outside, forgetting he doesn't really want to go out. This would all be okay but Oodle's bark is rather piercing and sounds like an angry chicken. I should cut him some slack though, he's 81 in doggy years.
Sorry this post jumps around a lot. The thoughts appeared in my head that way and I just regurgitated them on the screen. I'll be more coherent next time. I promise.
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good pix and congrats on the jobby-job. Email if you get a chance.
Post a Comment