Weird things that bother me so much, it makes my sanity questionable at best.
1. New stickers on things that are not new. The same goes for tags on new clothes. As soon as I buy something, I rip off the tags and stickers immediately. It's an empowering act of ownership. Don't look trashy people; remove the stickers from items once they are in use!
2. The rampant instant-messenger usage of "u" as a substitute for "you", and "ur" for "your". Are people really so bloody lazy they can't stretch their index finger out to hit the key two extra times? I'm telling "u" it's not cute. Definitely not cute.
3. If a button in an elevator is lit, there is no need to press it again. Repeated pressing of an activated button will not make the elevator move faster; it will simply perturb me. I believe this is extremely distrustful behavior. It's an implicit statment that you are incompetent, because it is obvious the elevator will only work for their special magic finger. It is possible these people are egomaniacs, and I hope they get a small electric shock when they poke persistently.
4. A CD or movie collection that is not alphabetized sends me into a small panic and the situation must be immediately rectified. My closet could be bulimic, spewing everything I own in a knee-deep pile around my room, the kitchen could be swimming in dishes, and my desk drowning in paper, but my movies and cds will be in order! I wonder what Freud would say...
5. It is my opinion there certain words in the English language are vile and should not be used (or used only during an emergency when synonyms are unavailable). Nubbly is an excellent example of an icky word, so is panties and phlegm (when viewed in its written form). People who enjoy making vile words by tacking the phrase "poo" to end of perfectly normal words (e.g. sleepy-poo, drinky-poo, snacky-poo) should be immediately sent to The Hague for crimes against humanity.
Monday, January 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
off to take a nappie poo!
Post a Comment