So Bangkok is hot. Very hot. Extraordinarily hot. I wasn't-quite-prepared-for-this kind of hot. I haven't been in Texas for the last few summers, so I guess I wasn't quite acclimated. Bangkok doesn't feel nearly as foreign as I initially expected, but it's quite large, so it's very easy to get lost.
Anyhow, my first full day here I hung out with some Brits and went to the mall. This was good because the mall had A/C. The mall is also about seven stories high. I plan on going on a beserk shopping spree when I leave.
The next day I went to the Jim Thompson house. (He ignited the silk trade in Thailand and mysteriously disappeared thirty years ago.) The house is made of teak and it's pretty cool.
Thais don't seem to be much on the vegetarian food. That's quite okay because I've found it too hot to eat anything. I've been mostly swigging down carrot juice and green tea smoothies.
Today I went to the snake farm. It was quite exciting. The day isn't even half over, so I'm off to do more stuff.
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You don't listen very well. Why would you go to a snake farm? One should not venture to such places... guess who would post such a comment? haha
Post a Comment