Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Making friends on the railway

My train ride was pretty sweet. I got a sleeper cabin, so it was a good night's rest.

Anyhow, I met the nicest little old man on the train who gave me a ton of soy milk and oranges, and even tried to give me half of his breakfast. He kept insisting I eat/drink more, pushing the food and me and saying, "And please!" To make a long story short, I consumed more soy milk than I knew was humanly possible. He actually reminded me a lot of my grandmother, whose cardinal saying was, "Have plenty!" They would have made a formidable duo, as nobody within a forty-foot radius could escape without a full stomach.

That's it for my little story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're insisting that we drink between 3-4 large bottles of water a day, so I feel your pain. Sounds like, once again, you're having an amazing experience. Be safe.