Sunday, April 16, 2006

Trang

After Pak Bara, we headed to Trang. Trang is a big city, meaning it has a traffic light. We got there kind of late the first night (our mini-bus was delayed), so all we did of note was eat. The second night we wandered around the city, ate lunch, did internet stuff, and planned a to dine out at an 'expensive' restaurant [avg. plate was 3.50 USD].

Unfortunately, the expensive restaurant was disappointing. Though we were waited on by no less that 7 people (we ran through the entire waitstaff trying to find one person who understood English really well), there weren't too many good cooks back in the kitchen. My plate looked like grass clippings had been heaped over it. The day-glo green color frightened me. Greatly.

After our disappointing meal, we wandered down to sample the food at the night market. I sampled some corn on the cob, some crepes, and a ton of pastries. I was quite ecstatic I was served grass for dinner, as I was able to eat a great deal, much more than Jon.

I subsequently went to bed very happy and very full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would have passed out with the spider, and with the leeches i would have been on the next plane home. your balls are alot bigger than mine! i miss you.

t to that a to that d

p.s. do you have your flouresent bathing suit with you!?