Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Plan B Unveiled

So, I may be rearranging my traveling plans for next year. I was initially planning on going to S. America, Australia, then SE Asia. I'm leaning toward cutting out South America and settling down and living in a different country/city for a couple months. I didn't realize how the extent of sensory overload I would experience whilst traveling, and if I were to keep up my current pace, I would die of exhaustion before I made it out of Australia.

I talked to this guy who did some embassy work, and it sounded interesting. Soooo, I may look into the opportunities there. It would probably be helpful for me to get a bit more work experience as well (since my doctoral degree would be about workplace behavior). Currently I would be most interested in working somewhere in Australia, the Baltics, or the Czech Republic. Anyway, it's something I am definitely going to look into.

Oh, the museum I wanted to go to today was closed. Bah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*in high pitched voice*

Pony???? Where is Pony? Pony come home.....

Anonymous said...

*in high pitched voice*

Hello Horsey. I am currently filming a segment on world geography for our show. I will be home in December for Horsey's birthday.

*BING. BING.*

Hope you day is a good one. You crack me up.

Otis said...

How long are you going to be gone?

How are you going to pay for all of this? You've had to have spent at least $6000 by this point, cheaper than living in the US, but still darned expensive.

If that's too nosy, disregard. I'm just curious. Mostly cause I'm still paying for my trip that was a full year ago.

Jon and Monique said...

Um, for those of you who are curious, I am paying for this trip in the following ways:

1. My grandparents died and left me 6 thousand dollars. Not a very good way to get money.

2. I worked very little, but I did have an internship last summer in which I did very little and (comparatively) earned very much.

3. So I have some savings, which would mean diddly unless my parents were not extraordinarily kind people. They paid for both of my degrees and gave me bonus money whilst I was in school; therefore, I did not have to use my savings.

You are spot on--I've spent 5860 so far including airfare and rail pass. I have another 7 to spend. If my money runs out I will either beg, borrow or steal. (Probably not the latter because I lifted a sugar spoon from a hostel in Prague. It's value is probably less than 1 USD, but I'm still hauted by guilt about it.)

Otis said...

Thanks for sating my curiosity. Sorry to hear about 1, glad to hear about 2 and 3. Sounds like you could last until next spring, then become a tour guide or something and earn some extra dough.

Have fun no matter what you do!