Friday, September 16, 2005

Spring Chicken No Longer

Subject line of an email I received from my brother: "Mario turns 20!"

*Sigh* It's moments like these that make you realize you are old. Mario was cool and all, but I always had a thıng for Luigi. I have to say my loyalty stıll lies wıth hım.

Just finıshed a completely exhausting and exasperating novel. Muddled through it because the prose was so exquisitely beautiful, but the plot was too predictable and melodramatic for my tastes. Sorry. Sometimes I just get a little worked up about literature.

The keyboard I am using is complete crap. Right now I am poundıng on it like a deranged ape. It is not a pretty sight. I think I will stop now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you are so old. Quit your whining kiddo. Your friend Dustin, who is still waiting on that email btw, is a few months shy of 20-10. Northgate misses "skirt night".

Jon and Monique said...

Bah. You are not old. For some reason I like to think I am a geriatric. But it still boggles my mind that Mario will be sipping on a 40 by next year.

And....I am a punk. You will get an email by the beginning of next week. If you don't, I will come to College Station, go to Cheddars (on its busiest night), and dance the funky chicken on top a table.

And I swear, I would do it.

Anonymous said...

Sweet. It might be worth not getting a shout for that.