Went back to Bangkok, again. In the past two weeks, I had been in and out of the city so often, it was starting to become disorienting. Fortunately, this was the last stop.
The first day I chilled out and rested. The second day Jon and I went to every bookstore in the area. We spent a really long time browsing. We know I like the books, so it was a very agreeable day. The third day was an admin day (laundry, searching for bus tickets to Cambodia, etc.)
The fourth day we picked up our visas at the Vietnam embassy, and went shopping at the MBK center. Then I made a most unfortunate decision. This most unfortunate and ill-advised decision affected Jon, me, and 2.5 precious hours of our holiday. To my deep regret, I said, "Let's go see MatchPoint! You know the Woody Allen film that won all those awards."
Officially, it is the worst movie I have seen in the theater in a loooooooong time. As I watched the film, I felt my brain cells shrivel up and die. It was that bad. After the movie, we ate some pizza. That made me feel a bit better. (Incidentally, we used the SkyTrain, boat, and bus to get around the city. Diversify the transport!!)
The next day we were off (on a 13 hour journey) to Cambodia.
Monday, May 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment