Okay, I'm sorry guys. I know it's been a long time. Please forgive me. The internet cafes in Siem Reap (city next to Ankor Wat in Cambodia) are ridiculously slow.
The Thailand-Cambodia trip wasn't bad...on the Thai border. There was lots of room on the bus, I sprawled out across two seats and completely zonked out for the whole of the trip. (It was fantastic.) As soon as we were dumped off near the border, chaos ensued. There was some general confusion in the group as to what denomination to carry over into Cambodia. (The options being Thai Baht, American Dollars, or Cambodian Riel.) By the time Jon and I sorted our money problems out, the entire group had left us. Fortunately, we found the way to the border by ourselves. Unfortunately, it took quite some time to get through immigration. (Jon's entrance stamp wasn't entirely legible, and I had to pay an overstay charge for my visa.) Fortunately, our group was waiting for us on the Cambodian side.
After that was all sorted, we went though immigration processing on the Cambodian side. After a long period of waiting, we hopped on a bus, and got on the highway. (The 'highway' being a rutted dirt road with gigantic mudholes.) Needless to say, the passengers of the van were thrown about roughly. Somehow, I wasn't too bothered by it; I fell asleep for a good portion of the trip. The most entertaining part of the trip was driving over several rickety bamboo/wood bridges in our large (and presumably heavy) mini-van.
We arrived in Siem Reap around 10 in the evening. It was a long day.
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment