I am downloading pictures to Evan's website, so I will be here for quite some time.
Anyway, I am kicking it in Cesky Kromlov right now. It's a pretty cool city. Tonight I am going to some Gypsy cookout thing where they make a big fire in the middle of a building and roast food and whatnot. I'm sure it will be entertaining as all get out. (Just wanted to use that phrase.)
Since I get tired of yakking about myself and my trip all the time, I'm changing it up. Enjoy.
People that need to be taken down a peg or two:
Second Runner-up: George W. Bush
Reason: An utter lack of humility.
Quotables: Winning 51% of the popular vote then declaring it a "mandate".
How it should be done: Have the other 48% that do not believe his presidency to be a mandate chase him out of the White House with sticks. Or somebody could pants him while he was giving a speech. That would be pretty funny too.
First Runner-up: Jerry Falwell
Reason: He's a major dodo bird.
Quotables: "Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home."
How it should be done: His car should break down in the middle of nowhere and a gay man and a feminist should stop to help him change his car tire. (If their close proximity didn't cause him to have a heart attack.) Then he could take the feminist by the hand and try to lead her home, at which point, she would slug him. While Rev. Falwell was flat on his back, smarting from the punch, he'd look up into the eyes of another man...and fall in love.
Grand Prize: Martha Stewart
Reason: She's so far out in lala land, she's practically on her own planet.
Quotables: "I'm a really good camper. I can sleep on the ground. There are many, many good people who have gone to prison. Look at Nelson Mandela."
How it should be done: Ship the good Ms. Stewart off to some African third world country (where the words "texturized paint" and "souffle" are just nonsense syllables) and make her work in an orphanage. She could sleep on the ground, make curtains out of elephant grass, prepare nutritious snacks of caterpillars, and wipe the kids' snotty noses on her own shirtsleeve. It would be a regular cookout and she could be the Campfire Mommy.
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment