Last night I was awoken from my sleep because I was bit by too many mosquitoes. Can we say...ew???? I mean, it's fine if you are sleeping in a tent, but I was most definitely not. I tried to remedy the situation by wrapping all my exposed bits of flesh in the comforter, but then I started to pour sweat. I spent a good half hour trying to decide was was worse: welts on my arms and hands, or sheets damp from perspiration. Finally I decided neither was preferable, got out of bed, made myself a cup of tea and jacked around on the internet for an hour.
Speaking of the hostel (Friendly Franks') that I am staying at, the owner kind of skeeves me out. One: he has an uncanny ability to remember the names of some of his forty-odd guests, but only if they are female. Two: the staff is comprised entirely of toothpick thin blondes that are most likely working here because they cannot buy their Jimmy Choos on a model/actress income alone. Either no man (or unattractive woman for that matter) is capable of performing menial hostel tasks, or something is rotten in the state of Latvia.
Yeah, I know this post was kind of random, but blame it on my three hours of sleep. I'm going to go eat some pancakes now, and I won't care in the slightest that they are bad for me.
p.s. I'm in Riga right now, and I love the city. I shall write about it tomorrow.
Saturday, July 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment