Hmmm, so okay, I know this post is supposed to be about Olomouc, but it's a girl's prerogative to change her mind.
The last two nights I was in Bratislava I went to the opera (Carmen) and the ballet (Spartacus). The combined total for the tickets was about 12.50 USD, so it was too good of an offer to pass up. I had absolutely fantastic seats, and both productions were phenomenal. (I was actually very reluctant to clap at the end of the ballet because I was sulking; I wasn't ready for it to be over.) The theater looked like something from the Euro-glam era of the forties, with a softly molting elegance.
Okay, now onto Olomouc. The city is not listed in my LP, so it feels like it is somewhat off the beaten path. I stayed for a total of four days. Two were spent lounging in tea houses and attending a Czech music festival. A teahouse is a very mellow sort of hippy place where you can smoke a shisa and drink a pot of tea (or several pots of tea). You can even buy "a gourmet line of Jasmine tea that is especially suitable for drinking in the presence of slim concubines." (Yes, that was an actual menu description, and no, I did not order that blend.)
A spent another day hiking a total of 10K to a castle of a robber baron. (I decided I will find a robber baron and marry him so I can live in a castle and be Monique Z, Robber Baroness.) Anyway, I went there with a guy who had an artichoke tattooed on his leg. There is a story that goes along with the tattoo (of course), but I won't tell you, better just keep you in suspense.
Yesterday I got kind of wild and crazy, as I stayed up to four in the morning...working on a jigsaw puzzle with an engineer. Whoooowhooo!!
I am in Prague now. Will write about it later.
Monday, July 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
If you get bored in Prague, there's a really fun day-trip you can take to a town about an hour east of Prague called Kutna Hora. It's this crazy church where they had a bunch of leftover bones, so they decided to make art out of them. Check it here
Happy fourth of July Monique... :)
Working on a jigsaw puzzle, huh? Is that what the kids are calling these days? J/K. Miss ya.
Dustin! Does anybody have wedding pictures?? I'm dying yo!
Incidentally, I haven't been drinking at all. I discovered it was not fun without any of you guys.
for real...I want more info on jigsaw puzzles and "playing cards". Big Bro might have to regulate long-distance
also, thanks for trying to give me a call...but it will be really hard to get ahold of me w/o a prior time set-up...so email me if you plan on calling.
love
Post a Comment