Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Prague, Czech Republic

Yes, it is true. Prague is every bit as beautiful as everyone says. The Mecca of the backpacking world, it has a certain reputation, which surprisingly, it actually lives up to. I don't think it's as cheap as it used to be (coming from Olomouc, it seems downright expensive), but it is extraordinarily charming and quite beautiful.

Or it would be if it wasn't Noah's Flood part II outside. I can't really complain too much, because the weather has been very cooperative for the last month. I don't have an umbrella though, and I think I may have to break down and buy one. Currently, I resemble a drowned cat. It's a very attractive look for me.

Yesterday was quite lovely, and I was able to roam all over the city. It is virtually impossible to get lost in Prague. I discovered that a map is really quite unnecessary, so I gave mine away to a directionally challenged elderly couple. That evening I saw a chamber orchestra concert in a church in the old town square. It was quite a phenomenal experience.

The only thing that could improve upon Prague is if they shipped out half the tourists in the city. I know it is wrong to discriminate against my own kind, but sometimes you just can't help it.

I did try to go to Kunta Hora (stopped on the way from Olomouc), but the bus took me in the wrong direction, and by the time I got there, the blasted bone museum was closed! (M. Otis, I must say your picture was rather unsettling, but perhaps it has inspired me to give the Ossuary another try.)

1 comment:

Raegan said...

Baroness Monique,

Thanks for your IM message! I miss you a bunch! Prague sounds great! I wish I was there instead of here in Kentucky!! But what can you do? Keep posting….I love reading them!!

Love,

Raegan