Tallinn was different from most of the places I have been to thus far. I thought it seemed to suffer from a bit of an identity crisis, hovering somewhere in that slightly awkward stage of adolescence. The city is still in the process of becoming, and it would be interesting to see in ten years time.
In all honesty, I wasn't as excited about Tallinn as I ought to have been, and I think it was because I was a bit jaded of city-hopping. (My LP had a horrible map of Tallinn, and I think it was responsible for burning me out on the [usually exciting] city orientation tour.)
For me, the most exciting part of Tallinn was finding this shop that made cinnamon rolls, which were almost as good as the ones my mom used to make. It is quite fortunate I was only in Tallinn for three days, otherwise I would have grown so plump, I would have to be rolled out of the city.
Oh, as an added bonus, I got to see my first onion domes. I know, it's dorky, but I was quite excited about it. I probably should have much more to write about Tallinn, but it has been awhile since I've been there and I have forgotten some of the details. Sorry guys.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment