Okay, so I know this post comes later than promised, but I doubt anybody was losing sleep over it. :) Riga was a really cool town, and I ended up hanging out there for five days. I knew I would like it enormously after venturing through the fresh fruit/veggie market during my layover at Riga on the way to Tallinn.
For the most part I just chilled out in Riga, often sleeping in late then wandering down to a cafe to get pancakes or an omelet. I would then go sit down at the park and people watch before going to the corner store to buy Ritz crackers. (For the last month, I have had an insatiable appetite for Ritz crackers and peanut butter.) Then I would catch a matinee movie, grab some raspberries and tomatoes at the fresh fruit market before heading home to kick it with the peeps at the hostel. Of course I stopped by the castle, took in a few churches and the Occupation Museum (fantastic), so I did run the tourist gamut as well.
All in all in was a very good time.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wish i could be there!
you missed a crazy house party...ala Terrace style...Corvettes zooming down the street at insane speeds...Tall Boys & 40s...and the parents? yes, the parents attended. :)
Post a Comment