Monday, August 08, 2005

and some other stuff too...

Everyone rejoice with me!!! My camera is working again!!! I had planned on staying in Budapest longer than intended, as I anticipated taking my camera to a repair shop. It was very temperamental in the morning, but by the evening it was working like a charm. I have grown to enjoy taking pictures, and I was bummed to spend so much time (two days) without it.

I dyed my hair because its 'blah' color was depressing me. My hair is sort of back to normal--dark brown with a bit of red in it--and I am in much better spirits as a result. However, it keeps bleeding in the shower, but I guess that's the penalty you pay for doing it yourself.

I hadn't heard very many good things about Budapest on the backpacking circuit, so I had rather low expectations. It's really not a bad city though. I'm staying in Pest, but I'm planning on spending my time in Buda today checking out the castle and such.

I had to switch hostels today because of low availability. In my last hostel, I was in a dorm room with a great big mountain of a man. Since he was very large, he saw fit to clothe himself in the smallest pair of whitey-tighties in the world. Needless to say, the fabric was bursting at the seams as it strained in the noble attempt to contain his bulk. My experience in Krakow was no better. I stayed in a room with an Italian Stallion whose underwear was smaller than mine, yet he had no qualms strolling about in his mini-marvels. I took to pulling the covers over my head.

I have decided if I was queen of the world and could make one law, the law would be: "Boxers"

Oh, and as I was checking out of my last hostel, the hippy guy that worked there wished me a "sunshiny day". I would totally steal that phrase if I could pull it off, but I can't.

No comments: