Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What do you mean, there's no time for naps?

I spent this morning with a woman wielding sharp instruments, which she would wave about periodically as she ranted about her husband's ex-wife.

The woman in question? My dental hygienist. Perhaps she believes the hours spent with her fingers in my mouth have fostered some type of very special bond between the two of us. Given the fact that I cannot speak during our interactions, one would think she would realize this connection is one-sided. I mean, the most I can offer up in the way of conversation is a weird sort of grunt, whether the grunt means "yes" or "no" is entirely indiscernible. To be fair though, the poor woman is probably looking for someone to vent to, and if I had to scrape people's teeth all day long, I'd be a bit unhinged as well.

Anyway, after my teeth were all clean and shiny, I went home and shot hoops on our backyard court...on which our thoughtful poodle chose to commit fecal...multiple times. I've decided that I like to shoot hoops, but not as much as I like to use the phrase "shoot hoops".

I'm taking the GMAT on the 24th and I ship out on the 26th. I hope all the pieces of my life are in some semblance of order by then. I like the GMAT, studying for it is a blast. In fact, I get to go study for it right now!!!! (disclaimer: the enthusiasm for the GMAT has been feigned.)

No comments: