Today we rolled out of bed at the leisuely hour of noon. Now that I have been in France for a bit, I now know the most crucial French phrase ever: Un pain de chocolat. One chocolate crossaint. This is the only phrase you really need to know.
We went to this super secret synagogue. I was the lucky one chosen to ring a mysterious bell to gain access. The place was listed in my travel guide, but I think visitors are rare. It was my first time in a "working" synagogue, and I found it quite interesting. However, it was not as interesting nor as exciting as ringing the bell.
After the super secret synagogue, we went to H&M to salivate at all the clothing (so sad, cannot buy anything) before wandering over to a Protestant church to climb their bell tower. It was quite high, and the whole time we climbed, I was consumed with burning questions, such as, "who had the crappy job of ringing the bell?
We all bought head scarfs, so we look like wild gypsy women, or peasant girls who farm potatoes--take your pick. The typing is fatiguing me, so I must go.
Have a lovely day!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how exciting...i am envious :(
in my exciting news, I had the blood bulb & pain catheder removed. I was also medically cleared to shower. Suddenly, I have become more popular.
Post a Comment