Once upon a time, when I was a bratty little kid, I insisted my dad make me green eggs and ham. So one fine morning my obliging father served me up a gangrened breakfast platter. I was kind of bummed because my eggs and ham weren't quite green enough. He added a bit more food coloring until they were positively fluorescent. I had bitten off more than I could chew, the green coloring was positively frightening, and I became quite upset and refused to eat them.
A decade and a half has passed since that fateful day, and I have gone about my life, expecting to never see green meat again. Unfortunately I was mistaken. Green meat does exist, and supposedly it is a delicacy. We went to this wine tasting thing today in Bordeaux and had greenish rabbit along with some pigeon. I'm brave, but not quite that brave.
Though our stomachs were quite empty, our wine glasses were certainly not, and Emily and I subsequently became quite snockered. We then walked around the vineyards listening to Jay-Z whilst singing along in an inappropriately loud tone. Oops.
By the end of the wine tour, I must have been in a foul mood (no pun intended) because I actually refrained from answering their questionnaire. In my book, not answering a questionnaire is positively cruel. I can't turn down the opportunity to do one, because I would feel too guilty. I think about all the poor people sitting around, bemoaning their poor response rates, and it makes me feel so sad. (Holla at me if you've done research, because I'm sure the same guilt haunts you.)
Now after a lovely baguette, I have been restored to my normal self. Yay! Hope everybody is doing well--especially my elder brother who just had his ACL replaced.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss you guys too. And I check this thing several times a day. Have fun and be safe.
Post a Comment