I honestly can not be too upset about the strike. I had a fantastic time in Milan and Verona. In Milan we spent an inordinate amount of time searching for our bus tickets (in the grocery store naturally), the bus, and finally our hostel. After our slow start we rallied to make many fascinating discoveries. Among those are: the best pizza in the universe, the most deranged church (designed by some very insane French dude), and the best gelati.
We made a day trip to Verona, where we chewed up some gum, spat it on the wall, stuck some paper on it, and called it romantic. (This wasn't as arbitrary as I have made it seem. The site of the gum-sticking was under Juliet's alleged balcony, and we had written love notes on the paper. Mom & Dad--your names are somewhere on the wall.)
Anyway, we were sad to bid farewell to Italy. For an unplanned stop, we certainly had lots of fun. I'm in the land of knives and chocolate now (Switzerland) but my internet time is about to run out, so I will have to write about it later.
Lots of love and chocolate--Monique
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment